Written permission is required to reprint or reproduce material from American Heritage, Invention & Technology, or HORIZON Magazines, or from books published by American Heritage Publishing.
Requests can be made in three ways: 1) through Copyright Clearance Center (see below), 2) by email to licenses [at] americanheritage.com, or 3) by mail to:
American Heritage Publishing Company
PO Box 1488
Rockville, MD 20849
Please include the following information when making a request:
- Name and author of the article sought for reproduction
- Volume number, month and year of the issue in which it appeared
- Number of pages in the article
- Number of copies you plan to publish
- Your name, e-mail and phone number
- Purpose of the reprint (ex. University course packet, textbook, anthology, etc.)
We’ve partnered with Copyright Clearance Center to make it easy to request permissions to reuse American Heritage content. Click on the following links to get started:
- Advanced Search at CCC (http://www.copyright.com/search.do?operation=show&page=advanced)
- American Heritage Magazine
- Invention & Technology Magazine
- HORIZON Magazine
Simply follow these step-by-step instructions for magazine articles:
- After finding the title you’d like, choose “Pay-Per-Use Options”
- Enter the publication year of the content you’d like to reuse
- Scroll down the list to find the type of reuse you want to request
- Select the corresponding bubble and click “Price & Order”
- Fill out any required information and follow the prompts to acquire the proper permissions to reuse the content that you’d like.
For questions about using the service on copyright.com, please contact:
Copyright Clearance Center
222 Rosewood Drive
Danvers, MA 01923
Phone: +1-(978) 750-8400
Fax: +1-(978) 750-4470
Additional requests can be sent directly to email@example.com.
About Copyright Clearance Center
Copyright Clearance Center (CCC), the rights licensing expert, is a global rights broker for the world’s most sought-after books, journals, blogs, movies, and more. Founded in 1978 as a not-for-profit organization, CCC provides smart solutions that simplify the access and licensing of content that lets businesses and academic institutions quickly get permission to share copyright-protected materials, while compensating publishers and creators for the use of their works. We make copyright work. For more information, visit www.copyright.com.