Skip to main content
Picatinny Arsenal
Society
Main Category
Sub Category
Era
Date Created
Coordinates
40.9170764, -74.5805051
Address1
Picatinny Arsenal
Address2
213 NJ-15
City
Wharton
State
Country

Built in 1880 as the Piccatinny Powder Depot, this site was the major supplier of smokeless powder to the military for many years. Since World War II, Picatinny Arsenal has been at the forefront of research, design, and development of a wide variety of advanced munitions for ground, airborne and seaborne platforms, including precision and smart munitions, artillery projectiles, submunitions, anti-tank projectiles, shoulder fired rockets, advanced antitank warheads, explosively formed penetrators, small and medium caliber munitions and other specialized items contributing to the security of the nation.

Stay informed - subscribe to our newsletter.
The subscriber's email address.