The stone was set by the joint U.S.-Spanish survey party on April 10, 1799. Made of sandstone, it is roughly two feet high and eight inches thick. On the north side of the stone is the inscription "U.S. Lat. 31, 1799." On the south side is "Dominio de S.M. Carlos IV, Lat. 31, 1799."
Society: ASCEMain Category: CivilSub Category: Boundaries & SurveysEra: 1750-1799DateCreated: 1799Unnamed RdBucksState: ALZip: 36512Country: USAWebsite: https://www.asce.org/project/ellicott-stone/Creator: Ellicott, Andrew
YearAdded:Image Credit: Public Domain (Author's Choice)Era_date_from: 1799