The William H. Chandler Chemistry Laboratory was conceived and planned by William Henry Chandler (1841-1906), professor, chairman, librarian, and acting president of Lehigh University. Designed by Philadelphia architect Addison Hutton and erected between 1884 and 1885 at a cost of $200,000, the building set the standard for laboratory construction for the next half century.
Modular Bench Layout
Society: ACSMain Category: ChemicalSub Category: Cradles of ChemistryEra: 1860-1869DateCreated: 1865Chandler-Ullmann HallBethlehemState: PAZip: 18015Country: USAWebsite: https://www.acs.org/content/acs/en/education/whatischemistry/landmarks/chandlerlaboratory.html, https://www.acs.org/content/dam/acsorg/education/whatischemistry/landmarks/chandlerlaboratory/chandler-laboratory-at-lehigh-university-historical-resource.pdfCreator: Chandler, William Henry , Hutton, Addison
YearAdded:Image Credit: Public Domain; Produced prior to 1/1/1923Era_date_from: 1865