Designed by Claude A. P. Turner, a pioneer of reinforced concrete construction, the Marshall Building was constructed originally in 1906 as a five-story building. In 1911 the sixth floor of the building was added as per Turner's original design. This building is the oldest extant example of Turner's "mushroom" flat-slab system which transformed the design and construction of reinforced-concrete floors worldwide.
Society: ASCEMain Category: CivilSub Category: BuildingsEra: 1900-1909DateCreated: 1906207 E. Buffalo StreetMilwaukeeState: WIZip: 53202Country: USAWebsite: http://www.asce.org/Project/Marshall-Building/Creator: Turner, Claude
YearAdded:Image Credit: Courtesy ASCEEra_date_from: 1906