Delta Air Lines’ historic buildings consist of two aircraft hangers and several office buildings at the Delta World Headquarters site constructed between 1941 and 1947. On March 1, 1941, Delta Air Lines moved its corporate headquarters to Atlanta, constructing offices space and Hangar 1, the largest aircraft hangar in the Southeast United States at what was then Atlanta Municipal Airport. The airport was later renamed Hartsfield – Jackson International Airport in honor of Atlanta Mayors William B. Hartsfield and Maynard H. Jackson Jr.
Society: AIAAMain Category: Aerospace & AviationSub Category: AviationEra: 1940-1949DateCreated: 1941-1947Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport (ATL)AtlantaState: GACountry: USAWebsite: https://www.aiaa.org/uploadedFiles/About_AIAA/News_Room/DeltaAirLinesHistoricBuildingsPR.pdfCreator: Sims, Walter
YearAdded:Image Credit: Courtesy Wikicommons/Mav (CC BY-SA 3.0)Era_date_from: 1941