Duck Creek Aqueduct is a rare surviving example of a covered timber aqueduct. It was one of several similar structures on the Whitewater Canal, which operated between the Whitewater Valley and the Ohio River from 1839 to 1865. After being displaced by the railroad, the canal supplied hydraulic power for the industrial districts at Metamora and Brookville.
Society: Main Category: Civil Sub Category: Bridges Era: 1840-1849 DateCreated: 1839 19001-19041 Pennington Rd. Metamora State: IN Zip: 47030 Country: USA Website: Creator:
YearAdded:Image Credit: Anthony Dillon Era_date_from: