The Hydraulics Laboratory at The University of Iowa, renovated in 2001 and in 2003 renamed the C. Maxwell Stanley Hydraulics Laboratory, is the oldest university-based hydraulics laboratory in the U.S. that continuously has focused on research, education, and service in hydraulic engineering. Since its initial construction in 1919, the facility and staff have produced a massive amount of research that has shaped water-related constructs around the world. Its efforts have been guided by noted directors such as Floyd Nagler (1920-1933), Hunter Rouse (1944-1965), and John F.
Society: ASCEMain Category: CivilSub Category: WaterEra: 1910-1919DateCreated: 1919Iowa CityState: IAZip: 52240Country: USAWebsite: http://www.asce.org/Project/Hydraulics-Laboratory-at-the-University-of-Iowa/Creator: University of Iowa
Image Credit: Courtesy University of Iowa LibrariesEra_date_from: 1919
Society: IEEEMain Category: ElectricalSub Category: Power, Energy & Industry ApplicationEra: 1880-1889DateCreated: 1886Cottage and Mill StreetsGreat BarringtonState: MACountry: USAWebsite: http://www.ieeeghn.org/wiki/index.php/Milestones:Alternating_Current_Electrification,_1886Creator: Stanley, William
"On 20 March 1886 William Stanley provided alternating current electrification to offices and stores on Main Street in Great Barrington, Massachusetts.